from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Shaped like a tongue: lingulate antennae.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. In the shape of a tongue
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Shaped like the tongue or a strap; ligulate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Formed like a tongue; strap-shaped; ligulate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. shaped like a tongue
I also saw a beautiful species of Lupin, having pale green villous lingulate *
Travels Through North & South Carolina, Georgia, East & West Florida, the Cherokee Country, the Extensive Territories of the Muscogulges, or Creek Confederacy, and the Country of the Chactaws; Containing An Account of the Soil and Natural Productions of Those Regions, Together with Observations on the Manners of the Indians.