from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A way of marching in which the marchers follow each other as closely as possible.
- n. A standardized procedure that is closely, often mindlessly followed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A step whereby the toe of one man is brought very close to the heel of the man in front.
- n. Close connection, unison, rigid synchronization.
- n. An inflexible, rigid or stifling pattern.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a standard procedure that is followed mindlessly
- n. a manner of marching in file in which each person's leg moves with and behind the corresponding leg of the person ahead
Marching in lockstep is the name of the game for some conservatives.
The Rethugs vote in lockstep, which is all but impossible for the Dems given their diversity of interest groups.
For a year and a half, they have marched in lockstep, with arms linked, against anything and everything.
You march in lockstep if it makes you feel better.
I agree completely but republicans have been carrying the conservative banner while betraying it since, well Nixon and the conservatives have supported them in lockstep until recently and I mean real recently.
Lanny Davis, Rahm Emanuel, Evan Bayh and the DLC just to name a few, who believed that Democrats have to walk in lockstep with not only a neocon agenda but a corporatist Wall Street welfare authority agenda.
That McGowan might not march in lockstep with other Democrats in Washington isn't exactly a surprise: He told CNN in October that he was once registered as a Republican and voted for Lindsey Graham in last year's Senate election.
The Republican party scares me, They go after anyone who doesn't walk in lockstep with them.
It's so fun to watch them beat up on their own people when they don't fall in lockstep with the Party.
They claim not to vote in lockstep with each other, but Dumbocrats like VP Biden and Sec of State Clinton did a good job of voting in lockstep with George Bush when they voted for the war in Iraq. johnnie