from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of a breed of cattle with long horns, formerly bred in great numbers in the southwest United States.
- n. A variety of Cheddar cheese molded into a long cylinder.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A breed of beef cattle, having long horns, bred in Texas and other parts of southwest United States.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A long-horned animal, as a cow, goat, or beetle. See long-horned.
- n. The Texas longhorn.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A tineid moth of the family Adelidæ, as Adela viridella, having very long antennæ.
- n. A dipterous insect of the suborder Nemocera, such as tipularians or crane-flies.
- n. A beetle of the group Longicornia; a longicorn.
- n. An English breed of cattle with long, drooping horns. They are large and rather clumsily built, but are good beef cattle and fair milkers. In the United States the name is also applied to the long-horned Texas cattle, now almost entirely replaced by breeds with shorter horns.
- n. An old inhabitant, shrewd and knowing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. long-horned beef cattle formerly common in southwestern United States
Well, that, and perhaps that longhorn is already out of the barn?
April 17, the Clark Fork Chapter of the Montana Native Plant Society hosts Revisiting Dicentra uniflora, an eight-mile roundtrip hike with ecologist Mike Young in search of this intriguing wildflower (aka the longhorn bleeding-heart), which starts at 10 AM at the Rattlesnake Trailhead.
Imagine your users never seeing a spinning circle that tells them the video is buffering! your users have fast start up and the ability to seek within videos as a users circumstances change (such as reduced bandwidth) the bitrate can change to give the user a seamless experience. net 3.0 3.5 WWF wpf silverlight cardspace ajax linq expression longhorn Architect evangelist application infrastructure silverlight silverlite longhorn orcas oba astoria
November 6, 2008 4: 09 PM Anonymous comments are disabled. net 3.0 3.5 WWF wpf silverlight cardspace ajax linq expression longhorn Architect evangelist application infrastructure silverlight silverlite longhorn orcas oba astoria
I recognize the bright turquoise vélo* with the caramel leather seat and wide longhorn handle-bars.
And the "really good ones" were topped with longhorn cheddar, sliced thick, allowed to go to room temp and "sweat" as my dad called it, cooked on the charcoal grill and placed on an onion bun.
I grew up eating pretty much plain burgers with nothing fancy on them: mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomato, pickle, maybe some longhorn cheese, NO ketchup (my mom says those are Yankee burgers LOL).
It would be BIG, maybe with a smear of some good Texas chili, and a nice layer of longhorn cheddar.
This is a farmed animal no different than a longhorn steer, or a huge turkey at the fair that is being showed off.
Yes, his D story included lots of other not-to-be-taken-literally humor, like noting his support for the death penalty "for stupid dancing in the end zone" and that, in their neighborhood, the Bushes will be "besieged by herds of North Dallas McMansion-dwellers, more brown-nosed and full of BS than any longhorn."