from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A racing sled for one or two people that is ridden with the rider or riders lying supine.
- n. A competition in which these sleds race against a clock.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A racing sled for one or two people that is ridden with the rider or riders lying on their back.
- n. The sport of racing on luges.
- v. To travel by luge
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a racing sled for one or two people; it is raced down a chute of packed snow or ice, and the occupant(s) lie down on it with feet in the direction of motion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A Middle English form of lodge.
- n. A Swiss form of coasting-sled of small size, steered by short iron-pointed sticks.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. move along on a luge or toboggan
- n. a racing sled for one or two people
Olympics recap: The pecking order in luge is rarely broken, and Salt Lake City yielded few surprises.
Whilst I think you're having a laugh (pretending, from your Piedmont fastness, to have forgotten your booze-fuelled past) a vodka luge is a large ice sculpture, the more elaborate the better.
Officials have moved the start of the men's luge from the top of the track to curve 3, where women and skeleton racers were originally supposed to start.
Argentina luger Ruben Gonzalez, after Georgia's Nodar Kumaritashvili was killed in luge training.
U.S. sliders, surprising stars of the '02 Games with two medals won in luge, three in skeleton and three in bobsledding, were 0-for-6 at these Olympics before Rohbock hit the podium.
Because luge is a faster sport, steering is more precise and any small mistake can lead to a big problem.
But luge is so precise, a lot like the Formula One racing of sliding sports.
But that said, luge is statistically one of the safer sports.
There's Georg Hackl from Germany, arguably the best slider in luge history.
All of my heroes are within luge, because I started when I was 13 years old.