from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An optical device formerly used to project an enlarged image of a picture.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An old name for a slide projector.
- n. An early form of slide projector that could achieve simple animation by moving and merging images.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. See Lantern.
- n. an optical instrument consisting of a case inclosing a light, and having suitable lenses in a lateral tube, for throwing upon a screen, in a darkened room or the like, greatly magnified pictures from slides placed in the focus of the outer lens.
- n. An early form of slide projector.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an early form of slide projector
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.