from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Something sent by mail.
- n. A batch of mail dispatched at one time by a sender.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An act of sending mail.
- v. Present participle of mail.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A farm.
- n. The act or process of sending materials through the mail.
- n. A quantity of mail, such as letters, magazines, advertising brochures, etc., sent at one time by one person or organization.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Linked mail in general.
- n. The conventional device adopted, as in early monuments of art, to give the idea of a garment of mail.
- n. A piece of land for which rent or feu-duty is paid; a farm.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. mail sent by a sender at one time
- n. the transmission of a letter
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The only thing I suggest, if you're mailing from the US is to put MEXICO at the bottom in as big of letter as possible, with international mail it is necessary to add the country.
Rep. Rangel announced Thursday that Medicare would begin mailing out to tens of thousands of seniors $250 ‘donut hole’ checks starting Monday, June 14 thanks to the recently passed health care reform legislation.
And today's mailing is all sent, so anyone who donated before the time-stamp on this, DO let me know if ye don't have it shortly.
I also need to factor in mailing time — and remailing time, since most stories do not sell on their first time out.
About 120 million Census forms have gone out and a second mailing is underway to prod procrastinators, but the Census Bureau is going to ... census | Comment | Recommend
Authorities think she may have had a role in mailing those packages.
I recently received fund-raising requests from two of the latter groups including an e-mailing from the Esalen Institute in Big Sur, California asking me to share a meal and talk with Tai Ji maven Chungliang Al Huang and others.
At Bethany School in Goudhurst they brought forward half term mailing to parents by two days to beat the strike.
Using a 5,000-name mailing list, Groupon sold 100 $25 passes to an experience involving one hour inside a pitch-dark, soundproof tank containing skin-temperature salt water.
How is the campaign supposed to be reported, if reporting such a mailing is a sign of bias.