from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A cheroot made in Manila.
- n. See abaca.
- n. Manila paper.
- n. A light yellow brown.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to Manila or Manilla, the capital of the Philippines; made in, or exported from, that city.
- adj. Made of manila paper or material like it.
- adj. Yellow-brown; colored like manila paper.
- n. Fiber made from abaca (Manila hemp), used to make ropes and manila paper.
- n. The yellow-brown colour of manila.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Manila or Manilla, the capital of the Philippine Islands; made in, or exported from, that city.
- adj. Manila paper or the color of manila papaer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. [capitalized] A kind of cheroot manufactured in Manila, the capital of the Philippine Islands.—2. A fibrous material obtained from the leaves of Musa textilis, the abaca or abaka, a plant that grows in the Philippine Islands.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a strong paper or thin cardboard with a smooth light brown finish made from e.g. Manila hemp
- n. the capital and largest city of the Philippines; located on southern Luzon
Yes | No | Report from bohuntr11 wrote 39 weeks 2 days ago well thats great im catching them pretty fair now here at big lake in manila but now all this rain has our water up really high!
A disarmingly sexy paramedic, a plain manila envelope, and a whipping wind lead Quentin from a chilly Brooklyn twilight to the warmth of a summer day in the country.
She had hundreds of poems in manila envelopes with her utility receipts the day after the funeral her family burned them all in a backyard oil drum
Or maybe they misunderstood the word “filing” to mean the actual process by which legal actions are made … as opposed to the kind that involves putting paper in manila folders and sticking them in a drawer.
I am a former resolutions speacialist/supervisor at DELL customer care here in manila for 2 years.
Teddy walked into a meeting with a plain manila envelope, and showed only the Chairman that it was filled with the Texan’s favorite cigars.
Come to think of it, label a manila folder like this: STUCK?
Then very slowly she wrapped the yo-yo in some kind of manila paper.
But then he slides a manila envelope to you and says, Half of it is there.
Mailed submissions should be submitted in a manila envelope and include 8 ½ x11″ photocopies of both penciled art and inked art for Oni Press to keep as reference.