from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Agent noun of manipulate; one who manipulates.
- n. A device which can be used to move, arrange or operate something.
- n. A puppeteer, especially one controlling marionettes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who manipulates, sometimes in an underhanded or fraudulent manner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who manipulates, in any sense of that word.
- n. An exercising-machine, or a device for rubbing the body.
- n. In photography, a tool for holding a glass plate during preparation or development.
- n. In telegraphy, the transmitter of a dialtelegraph.
- n. A machine for handling hot blooms and billets in iron- and steel-manufacturing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an agent that operates some apparatus or machine
- n. a person who handles things manually
You are what they call a manipulator of stocks; that means that you're living on the weaknesses of other people, and it almost means that you get your daily bread, yes, and your cake and your wine, too, from the production of others.
On the other hand, every vile manipulator is entitled to the best possible defense.
The master feel good mind manipulator is saddened by her wayward "Jesus" and must come reining down to spread her pixie dust and re-christen the Annointed One.
Greenberg is known as the "manipulator" due to her willingness to embrace technology in enhancing her work; she purchased Adobe Photoshop as soon as it was released.
"Louise Martin tells us that 'they did not know what to call the manipulator-actor back in that day,' and that Van Volkenburg, with some misgivings, hit on the word puppeteer following from the term for a mule-driver, a muleteer."
A manipulator is a manipulator, whether in sepia or sex.
McBride is an amazingly skilled card and coin manipulator and while this performance didn't have the power of some of the ones we've seen when he does closeup coin or card manipulation, it was very entertaining . . .
He's first described as a manipulator and persuader.
Ben Wade is being called a manipulator and egotistical guy on more than a few message boards and for good reason, check out the information sent to us below!
While the "manipulator" designation would be largely symbolic, it would be certain to anger Beijing and could complicate the decision over whether to let the yuan rise.