from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The main house on an estate.
- n. The house of the lord of a manor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The main house on a landed estate.
- n. The house of the lord of the manor.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the house belonging to a manor; the house of the lord of the manor; a manse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the mansion of a lord or wealthy person
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.