from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To put into or compose in poetic meter; versify.
- transitive v. To convert into or adopt the metric system.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make verse.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To make verse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To compose meters or verses.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. convert from a non-metric to the metric system
- v. compose in poetic meter
French métrifier, from Old French, from Medieval Latin metrificāre : Latin metrum, measure; see meter1 + Latin -ficāre, -fy.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin metrum meter + -fy: compare French métrifier. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.