from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To mate or match unsuitably.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To mate or match wrongly or unsuitably; mismatch.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To mate wrongly or unsuitably; to mismatch
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To mate or match amiss or unsuitably.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. provide with an unsuitable mate
It is likewise astonishing that people select homes, mostly for pecuniary betterment, when their children will mate or mismate with those whom they are thus thrown.