from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The branch of biology that deals with the structure, function, and manipulation of nucleic acids and proteins.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun biology, biochemistry the branch of
biologythat studies the macromoleculesof life, such as proteins, lipoproteinsand nucleic acids
- noun genetics the branch of biology studies the
manipulationof genetic sequenceof DNA
- noun genetics the technology of gene manipulation
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the branch of biology that studies the structure and activity of macromolecules essential to life (and especially with their genetic role)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.