from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Mathematics An algebraic expression consisting of only one term.
- n. Biology A taxonomic name consisting of a single word.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relative to an algebraic expression consisting of one term.
- n. A single term consisting of a product of variables with positive integer exponents.
- n. A single term consisting of a product of numbers and variables with positive integer exponents.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting of but a single term or expression.
- n. A single algebraic expression; that is, an expression unconnected with any other by the sign of addition, substraction, equality, or inequality.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In algebra, consisting of only one term, and not of several added together.
- In zoology and botany, same as mononomial.
- n. In algebra, an expression or quantity consisting of a single term. See binomial. Also monome.
A _monomial_ in algebra is a quantity which consists of a _single term_.
= 15-15t = 30 you then subtract the 15 that is on its own to eliminate the monomial.