from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Consisting of three names or terms, as a taxonomic designation.
- adj. Mathematics Consisting of three terms.
- n. A three-part taxonomic designation indicating genus, species, and subspecies or variety, such as Brassica oleracea botrytis, the cauliflower.
- n. Mathematics An algebraic expression consisting of three terms connected by plus or minus signs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Consisting of three names or parts or terms.
- n. An expression consisting of 3 terms.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A quantity consisting of three terms, connected by the sign + or -.
- adj. Consisting of three terms; of or pertaining to trinomials.
- adj. Consisting of, or involving the use of, three terms.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In zoology and botany:
- Consisting of three terms, as the technical name of a subspecies; trionymal: thus, the name Certhia familiaris americana is trinomial. See binomial, polynomial.
- Using or admitting trinomial or trionymal names in certain cases: as, the trinomial system of nomenclature. Also trinominal.
- In algebra, consisting of three terms connected by either of the signs + and—: thus, a + b + c, or x—2 xy + y is a trinomial quantity.
- n. A technical name consisting of three words, of which the first is the name of the genus, the second that of the species, and the third that of a geographical race, subspecies, or variety; a trionym.
- n. In algebra, a trinomial expression. See I., 2.
The mythology which you have created for your world has a trinomial aspect to it chiefly and then further spreads out.
Van Buren was replaced by William Henry Harrison, the first gratuitously trinomial president.
Factoring a trinomial part 2 is good for those who do not yet understand how to do a question like 3x2 + 14xy + 8y2 ..it helped me, er-- with the exception of much pause, rewind, playback, pause, rewind and etc hehe.
A _trinomial_ in algebra is a quantity consisting of _three terms_.
I have sometimes loosely speculated on what nomenclature would come to, and concluded that it would be trinomial.
But as the WSJ's newly trinomial Michael Howard Saul reported this morning, Bloomberg's new budget stripped away $867,000 again -- leaving de
Our lessons involved multiplying a pageful of binomials with the good ol 'FOIL method, squaring another pageful, multiplying a few dozen more for review ... eventually moving on to the exciting operation of factoring a trinomial!
The tutoring subscription service, found at virtualnerd. com, uses hundreds of online videos -- similar to YouTube -- to guide students visually through math and physics concepts, such as expressions, polynomials and factoring a trinomial.
Find all positive and negative integers b such that the trinomial is factorable.
The grant date fair value of the stock options were estimated using either the Black-Scholes valuation model or the trinomial option-pricing model, both of which require the input of highly subjective assumptions, including the expected life of the options and the expected stock price volatility determined using the historical volatility of the price of shares of the Company's common stock.