from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any fly in the superfamily Muscoidea.
- n. Any fly in the section Schizophora.
- n. Any moss-like flowerless plant, with a distinct stem, and often with leaves, but without any vascular system.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Mosslike; resembling moss.
- n. A term formerly applied to any mosslike flowerless plant, with a distinct stem, and often with leaves, but without any vascular system.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, moss-like; resembling moss. Also musciform.
- n. One of the mosses; a moss-like plant.
- Having the characters of or belonging to the dipterous superfamily Muscoidea.
- n. A member of the superfamily Muscoidea.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
We wouldn't make a kilometer 'fore sundown through muscoid and arrowbush, not if we exhausted our blasters burnin 'them.
With nine precious muscoid corpses, more or less ornamented with a lovely fur trimming of Saprolegnia, I shall return to London to-morrow, and shall be ready in a short time, I hope, to furnish Salmon Disease wholesale, retail, or for exportation. "