from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Mutton snapper.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A common name of a fish of the family Gerridæ, Gerres olisthostomus, found from Florida to Brazil.
- noun A marine univalve mollusk, Haliotis mæuosa, so called from its flavor when cooked.
- noun One of the snappers, Lutianus analis, found from Florida to Brazil. It is the most important food-fish in the Havana markets.
- noun A fish of the family Lycodidæ, Zoarces anguillaris.
- noun A kind of ormer or ear-shell, Haliotis iris, of New Zealand.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A fish (
Lutjanus analis) similar to and often marketed as “red snapper”.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun similar to and often marketed as `red snapper'
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.