from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An organism, such as a beetle, that habitually shares the nest of an ant colony.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An organism, especially an insect, that lives in close association with or shares a nest with a species of ant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An organism such as an insect that habitually shares the nest of a species of ant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An animal or plant which lives in symbiotic or intimate relations with ants. The majority of myrmecophiles are arthropods, especially beetles.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an organism such as an insect that habitually shares the nest of a species of ant
Anyway, Mr McPartlin will be at home with the entomologist Professor Edward Wilson, author of The Ant. and Snoo Wilson, author of Soul of the White Ant. He need not fear exposure to any anti-Ant.sentiment that may lurk in our generally myrmecophile, or Ant.loving, nation.