from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- transitive verb To turn (a person or an event) into myth.
- transitive verb To interpret as a myth or in terms of mythology.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb To make something into a
- verb To interpret something in terms of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb interpret as a myth or in terms of mythology
- verb make into a myth
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Alaska, the particular reality from which Palin hails, is so little known by most Americans that she was able to freely mythicize her state as the utopian last refuge of the "hard work ethic," "unpretentious living," and proud self-sufficiency.
USCKitty says: no prob, Bizarrobrain … I take a bitterly sarcastic approach when it comes to LGBTQIA issues and our trolls … Sometimes I’ll just pile it on with bitblt, sometimes I will resort to co-opting their misguided myths and then mythicize them into a fantasy world as a creative exercise …