from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the nasal and frontal bones.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to the nose and the forehead.
- adj. Relating to the nasal and frontal bones.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the nose and the front of the head.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the nasal bone and the frontal bone: as, the nasofrontal suture.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
It receives the veins of the ala nasi, and communicates with the superior ophthalmic vein through the nasofrontal vein, thus establishing an important anastomosis between the anterior facial vein and the cavernous sinus.
The Superior Ophthalmic Vein (v. ophthalmica superior) begins at the inner angle of the orbit in a vein named the nasofrontal which communicates anteriorly with the angular vein; it pursues the same course as the ophthalmic artery, and receives tributaries corresponding to the branches of that vessel.