from The Century Dictionary.
- Having a long or large nose or snout; snouty; specifically, in ornithology, of or pertaining to the Nasutæ tubinarial.
- Having a quick or delicate perception of smell; keen-scented.
- Hence Critical; nice; censorious; captious.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective obsolete Having a nice sense of smell.
- adjective obsolete Critically nice; captious.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective obsolete Having a
sensitive senseof smell.
- adjective obsolete
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
George IV. was a nasute judge of snuffs, and so enamoured of the delectation, that in each of his palaces he kept a jar chamber, containing a choice assortment of tobacco powder, presided over by a critical superintendent.
Most widespread and commonly encountered nasute termite in the Philippines can be found in both urban and rural areas attacking dead wood on the ground, agricultural crops, lumber and wooden structures