from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a sensitive sense of smell.
- adj. pedantic; captious
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a nice sense of smell.
- adj. Critically nice; captious.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a long or large nose or snout; snouty; specifically, in ornithology, of or pertaining to the Nasutæ tubinarial.
- Having a quick or delicate perception of smell; keen-scented.
- Hence Critical; nice; censorious; captious.
George IV. was a nasute judge of snuffs, and so enamoured of the delectation, that in each of his palaces he kept a jar chamber, containing a choice assortment of tobacco powder, presided over by a critical superintendent.
Most widespread and commonly encountered nasute termite in the Philippines can be found in both urban and rural areas attacking dead wood on the ground, agricultural crops, lumber and wooden structures