from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The study and description of organisms and natural objects, especially their origins, evolution, and interrelationships.
- noun A collection of facts about the development of a natural process or entity.
- noun A work or treatise containing such facts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The study of all
livingthings, especially their origins, evolutionand interrelationships.
- noun The study of all natural
- noun A
treatiseor similar work that summarizesthe known factsof either of the above.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the scientific study of plants or animals (more observational than experimental) usually published in popular magazines rather than in academic journals
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.