from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A narrowly avoided collision involving two or more aircraft, ships, boats, or motor vehicles.
- noun A missile strike that is extremely close to but not directly on target.
- noun Something that fails by a very narrow margin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun a
misswhich was nearly a hitor collision
- noun by extension a scenario which ends safely but might well have ended in disaster
- noun by extension an attempt which fails narrowly; a performance which falls just short of a certain benchmark
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an accidental collision that is narrowly avoided
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Blend of near thing and miss.]
Sorry, no example sentences found.