from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A group of closely connected nerve cells that perform a specific function.
- noun A source of power or control.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun anatomy A point at which nerves come together for the processing of
- noun By extension, a
physicallocation in a business, organization, or agencywhere information procured from different sources is brought together to be considered and acted upon by decision-makers.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a center that provides information and control
- noun a cluster of nerve cells governing a specific bodily process
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.