from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A device or software program in which many interconnected elements process information simultaneously, adapting and learning from past patterns. Neural networks are often used to model the human brain.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun artificial intelligence A
realor virtual computer systemdesigned to emulatethe brainin its abilityto " learn" to assess imprecise data.
- noun anatomy Any network of
neuronsetc that function togetherto achieve a common purpose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun computer architecture in which processors are connected in a manner suggestive of connections between neurons; can learn by trial and error
- noun any network of neurons or nuclei that function together to perform some function in the body
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.