from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The phase of the moon occurring when it passes between the earth and the sun and is invisible or visible only as a narrow crescent at sunset.
- n. The crescent moon.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The phase of the moon when it is in conjunction with the sun.
- n. The moon when it is in conjunction with the sun.
- n. The phase of the moon when it is waxing.
- n. The moon when it is waxing.
- n. The day when the new moon is first seen or is expected to appear.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. The day when the new moon is first seen; the first day of the lunar month, which was a holy day among the Jews.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the time at which the Moon appears as a narrow waxing crescent
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.