from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A fool or idiot; a coward.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A fool; an idiot, a coward.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A noodle; a fool; an Idiot.
- n. A triangular horse-hoe, used in Kent and Sussex, chiefly in cultivating hops.
- To cultivate with a nidget.
Compare French nigaud a boody, fool, Old French niger to play the fool. (Wiktionary)
One was nidget, a now-forgotten word that lacked a single usage example.