from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The page size, 4 by 6.5 inches, of a book composed of printer's sheets folded into 18 leaves or 36 pages.
- noun A book composed of octodecimo pages.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Same as
eighteenmo. Abbreviated 18mo.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A book composed of sheets each of which is folded into eighteen leaves; hence; indicating more or less definitely a size of book, whose sheets are so folded; -- usually written 18mo or 18°, and called
- adjective Having eighteen leaves to a sheet
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun paper, printing A size of a sheet of paper resulting from folding and cutting a sheet of paper into
eighteenths(3.5"-4.5" x 4.9"-5.9").
- noun printing A book consisting of pages of that size.
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
"It is from your Father in heaven, -- behold it!" said he, in a dramatic accent, and pulling out of his breast-pocket a small octodecimo Bible.
The Cross and the Shamrock Or, How To Defend The Faith. An Irish-American Catholic Tale Of Real Life, Descriptive Of The Temptations, Sufferings, Trials, And Triumphs Of The Children Of St. Patrick In The Great Republic Of Washington. A Book For The Entertainment And Special Instructions Of The Catholic Male And Female Servants Of The United States.