from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An extended adventurous voyage or trip.
- n. An intellectual or spiritual quest: an odyssey of discovery.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An extended adventurous voyage.
- n. An intellectual or spiritual quest.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An epic poem attributed to Homer, which describes the return of Ulysses to Ithaca after the siege of Troy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An epic poem, attributed to Homer, in which are celebrated the adventures of Odysseus (Ulysses) during ten years of wandering, spent in repeated endeavors to return to Ithaca, his native island, after the close of the Trojan war.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a Greek epic poem (attributed to Homer) describing the journey of Odysseus after the fall of Troy
- n. a long wandering and eventful journey
I was stuck on him, but killed it many times with GNS on Brainstem runs Apr 23, 09 at 3: 29pm re: HR6 BG, I tried so many things but it still won't die auroros haku armor gives these skills, but if you dont wanna take the time to get this armor, mix up a few armor pieces for these skills or guard inc alone can still help you kill him easily, you might wanna bring along a few mega juices just in case lol also, bring odyssey blade or odyssey+ to kill him (water SnS, plus water is his prime weakness)
Which brings us to the word "odyssey" itself, a word derived from the name of the adventurous Odysseus who went to war and traveled the world for twenty years, while his wife Penelope stayed at home.
Told first-person by Ygor, this novel chronicles the four-year odyssey from the moment these two men first meet, to the fruition of their ultimate goal: to resurrect human life from dead bodies.
The narrative jumps around restlessly among all these timeframes, but the description Jonas relates secondhand of his father's odyssey is especially evocative ...
The first part, which deals with his personal odyssey from a small town in rural North Carolina to running the nation's military, is a bit slow, our former colleague Tom Ricks, now at the Center for a New American Security, says in his blog.
Jarrar has endowed her narrator with an ear attuned to every note of family farce … Nidali's odyssey is as serious as it is comic and deeply moving.
Now, for the first time on DVD, follow "The Notorious POB" on an odyssey from the short films that brought him so much notoriety, to the humbling search for truth in excerpts from his first feature length film.
Gilbert's sensuous and audacious spiritual odyssey is as deeply pleasurable as it is enlightening.
Covering the entire “Star Wars” odyssey from the 1977 landmark through the upcoming “Revenge of the Sith” (albeit with one notorious exception, which is discussed later), Bortolin traces elements of Buddhist philosophy and theology in the epic story lines and larger than life characters of the “Star Wars” films.
The odyssey is brilliantly told, the characters he meets along the way – like the old woman artist who takes notes of images she sees by drawing them in chalk on the sidewalk and imprinting them in her brain – and the dying flower arranger – are nothing short of magic.