from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A multiple race event in track cycling. Historically the omnium has had a variety of formats. Currently it consists of the following six events: flying lap, points race, elimination, individual pursuit, scratch race, and time trial.
- n. The aggregate value of the different stocks in which a loan to government is usually funded.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The aggregate value of the different stocks in which a loan to government is now usually funded.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. On the Stock Exchange, the aggregate value of the different stocks in which a loan is funded.
- n. A piece of furniture with open shelves for receiving ornamental articles, etc.
- n. That which occupies the thoughts to the exclusion of all else.
Her battling performance in the omnium was a boost for Britain ahead of London 2012, although in the Olympics the event will be held over the course of the track programme rather than a single day, and incorporate a sixth 'elimination' discipline.
Also, the individual pursuit would be dropped for both men and women, and an event called the omnium would be added for both genders.
The omnium is a multi-discipline event made up of five separate races.
The omnium is a multi-discipline event made up of five separate races. a 200-metre flying start time trial, a 5-km scratch race, a 3-km individual pursuit, a
An "omnium" is a set of races where athletes compete for points in each event, and final placings are determined by total points in all the events.
As for keeping the track program long enough, McQuaid said, "If we put in the pursuit and not the omnium we would have an Olympic program that would be over in two days; but there's still the team pursuit - and the individual pursuit in the omnium will be the full distance
The Tour de Nez is coming to Truckee and Northstar June 18 through 20, and I thought this would be a great opportunity to explain some cycling terms and make watching the races more fun.www. tourdenez.com) is an "omnium" and consists of three races - a criterium in Truckee, a criterium in Reno and a circuit race at Northstar.
“I wanted to do this omnium since it was the new format.”
Whitten tried track cycling to train for her first sport, cross country skiing, eventually becoming only the third Canadian to win a world championship gold medal when she claimed victory in the omnium at the 2010 World Championships in Copenhagen, Denmark.
VN: The individual pursuit is no longer an Olympic discipline, do you plan to race the omnium instead in London?