from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Unhindered admission or access.
- noun A policy whereby a nation trades with all other nations on equal terms.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- Open or free admission to all; hospitable welcome; free opportunity.
- In modern diplomacy, opportunity for political and commercial intercourse open to all upon equal terms, esp. with reference to a nation whose policy is wholly or partially fixed by nations foreign to itself, or to territory newly acquired by a conquering nation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the policy of granting equal trade opportunities to all countries
- noun freedom of access
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.