from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Orbicular.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Made or being in the form of an orb, orbit, or orbicle; orbicular.
- In botany, same as
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun That which is orbiculate; especially, a solid the vertical section of which is oval, and the horizontal section circular.
- adjective Made, or being, in the form of an orb; having a circular, or nearly circular, or a spheroidal, outline.
- adjective (Bot.) a leaf whose outline is nearly circular.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective spherical or circular;
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective circular or nearly circular
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Latin orbiculātus, from orbiculus, diminutive of orbis, circle, disk; see orbh- in Indo-European roots.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From Latin orbiculātus, from orbiculus.