from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The study of mountains.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the study or science of mountains, in particular how they are formed
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The science or description of mountains.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The scientific description of mountains.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the science of mountains
_Campi_ — will be fitly combined with a general sketch of the geological formations of the island; as we are now approaching the same standing point, the central districts, from which we took occasion to review the orology of Corsica.
The company has Centre for Insurance and Risk Management tripled its staff in the past 12 months, hiring (CIRM), estimates that India's OTC weather experts in agronomy and agricultural mete - derivatives market is worth around $1 billion. orology to meet growing demand.