from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The art of uttering words correctly; a correct pronunciation of words; also, mode of pronunciation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art of uttering words with propriety; a correct pronunciation of words.
- n. That part of grammar (often included under orthography) which treats of pronunciation. More recently phonology.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a term formerly used for the part of phonology that dealt with the `correct' pronunciation of words and its relation to `correct' orthography
- n. the way a word or a language is customarily spoken
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.