from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Calling for the spending of cash: out-of-pocket expenses.
- adj. Lacking funds: hungry, cold, and out-of-pocket travelers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Alternative spelling of out of pocket.
- adj. Alternative spelling of out of pocket.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
* It will eliminate co-pays for preventive care, put a cap on out-of-pocket expenses, and guarantee catastrophic coverage that protects every American from bankruptcy.
* The proposal strengthens Medicare and Medicaid so that seniors, people with disabilities and low-income Americans receive better quality of care and see lower prescription drug costs and out-of-pocket expenses.
It is imperative that we support the public plan put forth by Congress as we believe, among other improvements, it would guarantee affordable, quality medical care for all; provide subsidies to help people in need pay for insurance coverage; and cap out-of-pocket costs.
Even people who did pretty well on the various exercises worried that they might have missed some “fine print” that would affect their out-of-pocket costs.
When asked to actually use the forms in a practice exercise, for example, most people were still unsure what portions of their care the insurer paid for and what their out-of-pocket costs would be.
They can just play where they do now, with no additional out-of-pocket cost to the city's taxpayers, but a loss of the soccer revenue.
- My 81 yr old Dad had a hip replacement in Oct 2007 the wait list was pretty short and no out-of-pocket cost to him.
The lawsuit was settled for an undisclosed amount that reflected out-of-pocket costs, according to the parties involved.
"The parties have exchanged information and, after some investigation and discussion, have resolved the matter for an amount all parties believe reflects the actual out-of-pocket expenses related to this incident," the company said in a statement.
Suing for his out-of-pocket costs for dental procedures would even be understandable.