from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Not listed or available on an officially recognized stock exchange but traded in direct negotiation between buyers and sellers.
- adjective Sold legally without a doctor's prescription.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective prenominal able to be sold legally without a doctor's prescription; -- of medicinal drugs. Contrasted with
- adjective (Finance) not quoted on a stock exchange; sold only through private negotiations between buyer and seller; -- of securities.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective pharmacy Legal for sale or distribution without the requirement of a
prescription(of medicine and other treatments); abbreviated as OTC.
- adjective finance Direct
interactionbetween two parties without an intermediary. Thus, any marketwhere items such as stocksor currencyare bought and sold at a distance, rather than on the exchange.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective (of securities) not traded on a stock exchange
- adjective purchasable without a doctor's prescription
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
over + the + counter
Sorry, no example sentences found.