from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A yellowish fatty oil obtained especially from the crushed nuts of an African palm (Elaeis guineensis) and used in the manufacture of soaps, chocolates, cosmetics, and candles.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An edible plant oil derived from the mesocarp (reddish pulp) of the fruit of the oil palm (Elaeis guineensis).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a vegetable oil, obtained from the fruit of several species of palms, as the African oil palm (Elæis Guineensis), and used in the manufacture of soap and candles. See Elæis.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fatty substance obtained from several species of palms, but chiefly from the fruit of the oil-palm, Elæis Guineensis, of western Africa.
- n. See oil of palms.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. oil from nuts of oil palms especially the African oil palm
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.