from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A frilled paper cover used to decorate the bone end of a cooked chop or cutlet.
- noun An oiled paper or foil wrapper in which certain foods are baked.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Folded oiled paper on which chops, etc., are prepared and sometimes served.
- noun A curl-paper: so called because appearing like a butterfly on the head.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A small piece of paper on which women roll up their hair to make it curl; a curl paper.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun a small bit of
foil, which is wrappedaround food during cooking
- noun hair styling a small piece of paper on which women roll up their hair to make it curl
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
The method behind cooking en papillote is to put some or all of the components of a meal into a wrapped packet of some sort — pastry dough, banana or bamboo leaves, aluminium foil, wax paper, or whatever you’ve got that’s oven-safe.
Preparation: Broiled, saut é ed, baked in parchment paper (en papillote).
With no fish allergies, it seemed like the no-brainer of the day was to serve cod en papillote.
Cooking “en papillote”, or in wrapped packets, is healthy and fairly foolproof.
Fresh cèpes are wrapped like gifts in a cellophane papillote and cooked in tiny iron skillets.
This week, it was shutome Hawaii poll-caught swordfish, a "Best Choice" in papillote with Swiss chard, yum!
'Exohiko' is similar to the French 'en papillote' method of cooking.
The menus featuretrucha empapelada, or en papillote, with a variety of seasonings.
That means beignets and crayfish bisque and jambalaya, it means shrimp remoulade, pecan pie, and red beans with rice, it means elegant pompano au papillote, funky filÃ© z-herbes, and raw oysters by the dozen, it means grillades for breakfast, a po-boy with chowchow at bedtime, and tubs of gumbo in between.
Because once they cook something like chicken en papillote, they won't be able to resist just one little taste.