from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Made of papyrus.
- adj. Of the consistency of paper; papery.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Made of papyrus; of the consistency of paper; papery.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Belonging to the papyrus or to papyri; made of or resembling papyrus or to papyri; made of or resembling papyrus or paper.
- In zoology, papery; like parchment; pergamenteous: as, the substance of a wasp's nest is papyraceous.
- Also, rarely, papyrian, papyrean.
Sold in garden centers as bulbs, or potted in the grocery store, Narcissus tazetta papyraceous may survive the winter when planted in D. C.-area gardens but not the colder parts of the region.
Calyx bell-shaped, 5 acute papyraceous divisions, each bearing a small gland near its base.
Republica, & De Inveniendis Orationum Exordiis_: A piece inestimable, never publish’d; is now in the library at Vienna, after it had formerly been the greatest rarity in that of the late Cardinal Mazarine: Other papyraceous trees are mention’d by West-Indian travellers, especially in