from The Century Dictionary.
- Specifically In geology: Relating to or produced by a violent convulsion of nature.
- Catastrophic or relating to the catastrophic theory.
- Pertaining to or marked by paroxysm; caused by paroxysms or convulsions of nature.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Of the nature of a paroxysm; characterized or accompanied by paroxysms
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Of, pertaining to, causing or accompanied by
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective accompanied by or of the nature of paroxysms
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.