from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One of a group of traditional classifications of words according to their functions in context, including the noun, pronoun, verb, adjective, adverb, preposition, conjunction, and interjection, and sometimes the article.
- n. A word considered as a part of speech.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A linguistic category of words sharing syntactic or morphological behaviour and semantic properties, such as noun or verb.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a sort or class of words of a particular character.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one of the traditional categories of words intended to reflect their functions in a grammatical context
Sorry, no etymologies found.
In the other passages where proskuneo occurs the case is not shown on account of some other part of speech being used with the verb.