from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A wall built on the boundary line of adjoining properties and shared by both owners.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A commonly shared wall dividing two properties
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A wall that separates adjoining houses, as in a block or row.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A wall upon the line between the premises of adjoining owners, which each has the right to use as a support for his structure, and usually also to some extent for chimneys, water-pipes, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a wall erected on the line between two properties and shared by both owners
Obsolete party, shared, divided, from Old French parti; see parti-colored.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.