from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A game for amusing a small child, in which one covers one's face or hides and then returns to view saying “Peekaboo!”
- adjective Decorated with embroidered holes or eyelets.
- adjective Made of a sheer or transparent fabric.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Same as
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A child's game; bopeep.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun games A
gamefor a small childin which one coversone's face, then revealingit and sayingBoo! or Peekaboo!.
- adjective of clothing with
holes, slitsor transparent fabricto revealwhat is normally hidden.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a game played with young children; you hide your face and suddenly reveal it as you say boo!
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[peek + boo.]
Sorry, no example sentences found.