from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A game for amusing a small child, in which one covers one's face or hides and then returns to view saying "Peekaboo!”
- adj. Decorated with embroidered holes or eyelets.
- adj. Made of a sheer or transparent fabric.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A game for a small child in which one covers one's face, then revealing it and saying Boo! or Peekaboo!.
- adj. with holes, slits or transparent fabric to reveal what is normally hidden.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A child's game; bopeep.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as bo-peep.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a game played with young children; you hide your face and suddenly reveal it as you say boo!
The board, the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (sometimes called peekaboo by accountants), is overseen by the
Born three months early, her head the size of an orange, her feet as small as ballpark peanuts, she lies in an incubator at Rainbow, serenaded by the "peekaboo" trills of her parents, Mike and Jill.
For instance, posting a spoiler saying "peekaboo" isn't what this feature is intended to be for news, videos, and feature comments.
Right now she and Charlotte are playing a kind of peekaboo and she is cackling and only occasionally stopping to say "Ow, that hurts my tummy."
Parents often become concerned when their toddler does not like to be held; does not seem interested in playing certain games, such as peekaboo; and does not begin to talk.
The mugging and flight of Falstaff is flaccid: the scared fellow strolls around the corner from his attackers as if he's playing peekaboo.
Now, in my grown up home with my kids, we call them peekaboo eggs.
And if you're more daring, peekaboo is an option with cutouts, lace panels or a range of devore velvets and laser-cut fabrics turning up in evening wear.
National peekaboo champion reveals grueling training program (Kevin Dopart, Washington) 3.
The cold weather had come on with the long nights, and the sun had begun to play his ancient game of peekaboo along the southern snow-line ere aught was heard of Malemute Kid's grub-stake.