from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. That can be permeated or penetrated, especially by liquids or gases: permeable membranes; rock that is permeable by water.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to substance, substrate, membrane or material that absorbs or allows the passage of fluids.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being permeated, or passed through; yielding passage; passable; penetrable; -- used especially of substances which allow the passage of fluids
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- That may be permeated; capable of being passed through without rupture or displacement of parts: noting particularly substances that permit the passage of fluids.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. allowing fluids or gases to pass or diffuse through
However, the seized products were in permeable packages and held under conditions that could affect the food's integrity and quality.
They are all permeable, and the reason they're permeable is that nobody likes someone who talks shit about other people.
This includes a stout casing and what is known as a permeable polymer separator, which stops the electrodes in the cell touching each other and causing a short circuit.
Only when she turned a certain way did it become clear that what rested atop her muscle and bone was not skin, but a kind of permeable membrane that anything could pass through.
More recently, we have also developed a method for examining the microscopic and macroscopic properties of fluids with restricted flow geometries, such as permeable and semi-permeable membranes, and used it to study phenomena such as osmosis, reverse osmosis and electro-osmosis.
If a new driveway or parking area is constructed using permeable surfaces such as permeable concrete block paving, porous asphalt or gravel, or if the water is otherwise able to soak into the ground you will not require planning permission.
They simply don't see the avatar as any kind of permeable, interactive vehicle that will then be inhabited by real people to use, with their rights.
Inexpensive, passive, evaporative cooling could be provided by utilizing the natural air flow by wind force through windows by installing moist elements in them - such as permeable water jars.
The term '"permeable" simply means that water may pass through it.
The Bottom Line: Not only does Spot Chomp work on carpet for removing cat urine odor and stains, it seems to work in unanticipated ways such as permeable wood doors.