from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A book of foreign language expressions and their translations.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A (usually pocket-sized) book consisting of everyday expressions and vocabulary in two languages and intended for travellers who wish to communicate with locals while in other countries (or regions in which a different language is spoken).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a book of idiomatic phrases.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A book in which the phrases or idiomatic forms of expression peculiar to a language are collected and explained.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a book containing common expressions in a foreign language along with their translations
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Bautista was spoken the Mutsun dialect, known through a grammar and phrase book written by the resident missionary, Father Arroyo de la