from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The right to fish in waters owned by another.
- n. A fishery.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. fishery
- n. The right or privilege of fishing in somebody else's waters.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The right or privilege of fishing in another man's waters.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In law, the right or privilege of fishing in another man's waters.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a workplace where fish are caught and processed and sold
Thousands of acres of rich cotton-lands were exchanged by the Indians for orders on the store, they giving warranty deeds to same, reserving only the rights of piscary and massacre.