from The Century Dictionary.
- To plank; make of or cover with planks or boards. Also
- noun A plank.
- noun In enameling, a slab of fire-brick or baked fire-clay used to support the work while it is baked in the oven.
- noun A flat iron shoe for a mule.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- transitive verb obsolete To make or cover with planks or boards; to plank.
- noun obsolete A plank.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb obsolete, transitive To make or cover with
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From Middle French planche a board, plank. See plank.
They were accompanied by green salad and three slabs of potato cooked on a planch), a brown bread roll, which comes freshly toasted, and the salad with prosciutto.