from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

  • noun A strong rolled and polished glass containing few impurities, used for mirrors and large windows.

from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun A superior kind of thick glass used for mirrors, and also for large panes in windows, shop-fronts, etc. (See Plate, 12.)

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun sheet glass; a type of glass, initially produced in plane form, commonly used for windows, windshields, etc.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun glass formed into large thin sheets


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.