from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A field for games such as football and soccer.
- n. The conditions or circumstances in which competition takes place: a level playing field for all candidates.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A field on which a game, esp. a ball game, is played.
- n. Any place or context within which competitive activity takes place, such as market competition between companies.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the circumstances under which competition occurs
- n. a piece of land prepared for playing a game
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.