from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A field for games such as football and soccer, especially when marked according to specified dimensions according to the game's rules.
- noun The conditions or circumstances in which competition takes place.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
fieldon which a game, esp.a ball game, is played.
- noun figuratively Any place or context within which
competitiveactivity takes place, such as marketcompetition between companies.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the circumstances under which competition occurs
- noun a piece of land prepared for playing a game
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.