from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A bryozoan.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Consisting of many zoöids, polypides, or persons in one compound or colonial aggregate; specifically, pertaining to the Polyzoa, or having their characters; bryozoan.
- noun A member of the Polyzoa; a polyzoön.
- noun An individual element of a compound polyzoön; a polypide.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun Any species of Polyzoa; one of the Polyzoa.
- noun A polyzoön.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective zoology Pertaining to
- noun zoology A
- noun zoology A member of a polyzoan colony
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun sessile aquatic animal forming mossy colonies of small polyps each having a curved or circular ridge bearing tentacles; attach to stones or seaweed and reproduce by budding
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[From New Latin Polyzōa, former phylum name : poly– + –zōa, pl. of -zōon; see –zoon.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From polyzoa + -an
Sorry, no example sentences found.